Why buy Android?
Android smartphones and tablets represent a great meld of functionality and fun! Android marketplace along with the other app markets have such a wide array of free apps, from games to productivity, that the uses of the devices are endless. Constantly being updated with new OS, it is a cutting edge system.
Often when you think you are buying a 'new never been opened except to unlock' BB device, it is in fact refurbished, with just a new housing, but you are paying a new price. Here we tell you exactly what you are getting, NEW!
Why Buy BlackBerry?
The no 1 smart phone on the market, the BlackBerry series of devices offers un-paralleled build quality, and PIN messaging security, and what no other phone offers, push e-mail on the Research in Motion servers. As a business/communication device it is un-beatable. And now the BB devices have strong entertainment features with voice recording, mp3 players and built in camera!
Visit www.mcblackberryexpert.wordpress.com for advice on everything BlackBerry, including tips and tricks,and answers to every question you could possible have.
Android Tablet Suggestions
1. Inspect your tablet for damage during shipping.
2. Charge the battery completely (8-10 hours) prior to using.
3. While the Tablet is charging take a few minutes to READ THE USER MANUAL.
4. Start the tablet and connect to your Wireless Network:
a. Settings/Wireless & Networks/Wi-Fi Settings.
b. If you have problems connecting reset your modem and router.
5. Test all BASIC functions first!
a. Music and Video playback.
b. Open a Browser Window and check internet connectivity.
c. Use the Gallery App for picture Viewing.
6. IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH ANY OF THESE BASIC FUNCTIONS EMAIL US IMMEDIATELY!
7. It is best to store your media content on a MicroSd Card. Make sure that you either UNMOUNT the Card in the Settings/SD Card & Storage menu OR turn off the Tablet prior to removal; otherwise you may damage the tablet.
8. If you have any questions or concerns please email us.
9. Sign up and create an account at our Web Store at to join our mailing list. We will keep you updated on any product developments or recalls.
We specialize in BlackBerry devices and Android smartphones with our addition of our Android Os Tablets, we have a device for every need!
Our BB phones:
GSM, and unlocked. All our phones come with: battery, USB cable, wall charger, wired headset, and a case.
Our Android Tablets:
Browse the web wirelessly or enjoy media on these sleek and stylish media devices. Powered by the Open-Source GOOGLE Android Operating System with dozen built-in applications, each one identified by an icon. Among the included apps are an alarm clock, browser for surfing the web, calculator, email, gallery for viewing and playing videos, music and video player, the mobile YouTube browser app to watch Internet videos and more! Download and install apps from the Android Marketplace to play games, check the weather, listen to the radio, and more. View pages in portrait or landscape with automatic screen orientation.
We carry recognised brands like Samsung, and Ainol Novo.
We can provide pdf copies of user manuals for all products bought from us, if you lose yours-FREE!
Sign up for our newsletter and updates by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Newsletter Requested in the subject.
Getting a perfect product into your hands in as little time as possible is our #1 goal. But, sometimes "Murphy's Law" just happens and whatever can go wrong... goes wrong.
With that being said, getting a defective product is frustrating! Waiting to get a refund, replacement, or repair is even more frustrating! We strive to mitigate these kinds of feelings by making things as "fair" as possible. In this regards, we go "above & beyond" almost every other vendor when in comes to our DOA (Dead/Defective on Arrival) return policy and we carry an above "industry standard" 1-year repair policy. With us, you can always buy with confidence.
Contact us BEFORE you buy, we would be happy to answer your questions and make product recommendations based solely on your needs.
With the purchase of any tablet you may add any of the following for a very low price, with no additional charge for shipping:
Keyboard Case $22
Leather Case $15
Sleeve case $5
Car Charger $10
Micro SD card: 4GB $12, 8GB $16 16GB $29
Screen protector: $3
RETURNS POLICY for devices
Dead/Defective On Arrival Return Process
i.e. - problems with your device - right out of the box
1. Email a description of the problem to email@example.com within 1 Week from the day of delivery.
2. If it is something that came broken from the factory (like a "crinkled" LCD screen, or overheating issue, or it won't turn on or boot, etc.) and it is in this condition when you take it out of the box, then we will send you the address to ship your product back to. Please don't ship your item back before getting a response from us. Furthermore, it must be a "mechanical" issue. I.E. something electronic that is broken. Firmware/Software problems are not covered under this warranty (i.e. "XYZ" APP does not work with this device...). While we try to provide as much information up front about what we have found out about devices that we don't like (for example, if HDMI-Out is "non-functional" out of the box or if "Skype" doesn't work...) we cannot test every app on the Android market. Firmware/Software issues are often resolved with time (applications get upgraded as does firmware which often improves compatibility). If you are counting on a specific feature or application that is not otherwise mentioned on the product page, feel free to email us about it before you buy and we will test it for you and email you back the results. We use these devices regularly and welcome helping a prospective customer make a decision. This also helps us update our product pages which helps other customers. We strive to communicate as much as possible (and accurately) about our devices before selling. We really only do strive to sell quality devices which keeps these kinds of problems "low." But these issues do crop up (even in major retail brands ) simply due to the nature of the Android ecosystem. If it is not an actual "defect" with your device (vs. a problem or incompatibility that is present in the particular model) then you are responsible for asking about it beforehand.
The device, all accessories, and its retail packaging must be present and intact aside from any of the issues described that it is being returned for. Lost or heavily damaged packaging/accessories will result in only a partial or NO refund unless those issues are original problems from the manufacturer and discussed beforehand.
3. YOU MUST ship the product back by using your country's national postal service and YOU MUST add package tracking.
4. Scan and email a copy of your Postage Receipt WITH THE TRACKING NUMBER.
5. As soon as postal tracking becomes ACTIVE, two things will happen: We will refund the cost of the shipping to your Paypal account AND a BRAND NEW DEVICE will be ordered for you and upon receipt and verification of the issues, shipped via Registered Mail to your original address.
6. You should get your NEW device within 2 to 4 weeks.
HOW WE DIFFER
Almost all other retailers will require that you deal with the manufacture and in the case of many Android tablets, the original Chinese equipment manufacturer directly! Furthermore, they will NOT pay for return shipping and you will wait about 1 - 2 MONTHS to receive your most likely "repaired" or perhaps "new" device.
1-Year Warranty Repair Process
1. Email a description of the problem to firstname.lastname@example.org any time within a year of your purchase
2. We will email you back any relevant advice and also the Postal Address to send the device back to.
3. You must ship it by using your country's national postal service). You pay the initial shipping. If it is a problem caused by something defective, you will not be responsible for paying the return shipping (i.e. from the factory back to you). However, if you are getting repairs because you caused something to break (for example: a cracked LCD screen) you will also pay the return shipping AND the repair fee. We can get these amounts for you based on the problem and give you an estimate of the total cost before you ship it out. You CAN still get it repaired though, even when you caused the damage.
4. The factory will make repairs or send you a new device. They will ship it back to you using Registered Mail
5. From the time you ship out your tablet for repairs to the time you get it back may exceed one month.
"Nothing is technically wrong with my device, but I want to return it." (Canadian ORDERS ONLY)
This happens on occasion. You order a device expecting one thing, the device doesn't meet your expectations, you don't want to keep the device. Or... you order the device, get it, realize you shouldn't have spent the money, need the money for something else, want to return the device. This is the "return" policy for those kinds of situations when nothing is really wrong with the device, you just aren't happy with it or you don't want to keep it for some other reason.
1. Contact us within 1 week of receiving the device; explain your situation. Sometimes it is something we can resolve. If not, we will offer you a return shipping address.
2. You are responsible for the return shipping of the device + all accessories & original retail packaging minus small temporary things like the plastic protective wrap that covers many devices.
3. There is also a "restocking fee" of either $25 or 10% of the retail value of the returned goods, whichever is greater.
4. Upon receipt and inspection of the device and accessories, assuming everything is present and working, we will refund the purchase price of the returned goods less the restocking fee via Paypal.
Why Buy a Tablet powered by MIPS? http://youtu.be/2i41fA9WfsA
MIPS Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: MIPS), a leading provider of industry-standard processor architectures and cores for digital home, networking and mobile applications, today announced that AndroidTM 4.0.3, the latest release of the Android 4.0 platform also known as "Ice Cream Sandwich," is now available for the MIPS® architecture. The MIPS port was completed within 24 hours of being released by Google into open source on December 16th. The Android 4.0.3 code for MIPS is available for download at http://developer.mips.com.
In January, an Android 4.0.3 over-the air (OTA) update will be available at www.ainovo.com for existing MIPS-Based Android tablets from Ainol Electronics Co., Ltd. and will also be pre-installed on tablets that begin shipping as of that time.
In addition, the open source release of Android 4.0.3 from Google contains support for MIPS' LLVM technology. Over the past year, MIPS Technologies developed this technology based on its belief that the LLVM open source compiler infrastructure will continue to gain acceptance across the industry as a basis for application portability. Already, LLVM is an underpinning for key Android facilities such as the Renderscript applications programming interface (API). MIPS contributed its technology to the official Android source tree because of its strategic importance for application developers.
"Following our recent announcement with our customer Ingenic about availability of the world's first Android 4.0 tablet, we are pleased to enable all MIPS licensees to bring the latest release of Android to their consumer devices such as DTVs, set-top boxes, automotive infotainment and service gateways, as well as MIPS-Based smartphones and tablets," said Gideon Intrater, vice president of marketing, MIPS Technologies.
About MIPS Technologies, Inc.
MIPS Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: MIPS) is a leading provider of industry-standard processor architectures and cores for digital home, networking and mobile applications. The MIPS architecture powers some of the world's most popular products, including broadband devices from Linksys, DTVs and digital consumer devices from Sony, DVD recordable devices from Pioneer, digital set-top boxes from Motorola, network routers from Cisco, 32-bit microcontrollers from Microchip Technology and laser printers from Hewlett-Packard. Founded in 1998, MIPS Technologies is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, with offices worldwide.
We were going to put some up, but you wouldn't know if we wrote them ourselves!
Our best referral is, YOU try us, then YOU decide. You are covered by PayPal buyer protection, so the only thing you could ever lose is time!
How to use the Android Market
The "Market" is just what it says, a shop that organizes applications into categories.
For an application to open word documents, you would look for office suite, word processing or productivity. There will be a description and you will see what others have said about it. Click the "Install" button (and giddy-up!) you are on your way to using the application. There are thousands of quality FREE apps.
Here is a YouTube video that is excellent in its explanation!
Must haves:Advanced Task Killer for BlackBerry and Android
This will save your battery life! As with a PC, there are always "things running in the background". Kill them, and not only save battery life, keep your tablet and phone at optimum speed.
This video is for Android phones and tablets, but you can find a task killer in BlackBerry app world too;
Homescreen launcher: UI
Change how you interact with your device to make it more functional, smooth, and fun to use. One of many free "custom homescreen launchers" for Android that I recommend is Launcher Pro, available in the Market. Once you have downloaded and installed it, hit the home button in the upper right, and from the pop-up menu click "use by default" and select Launcher Pro. You can now customize all your menus! Hit menu, and preferences comes up, and awaaaay you go. Really cool.
Android Market Alternatives
If your device does not have Google Market installed or the one you have doen not work correctly here is the list of places where Android apps can be found instead:
Android Freeware http://www.freewarelovers.com/android
Free Android Ware http://www.freeandroidware.com/
Android downloads http://www.androiddownloadz.com/
And App store http://andappstore.com/
How to install the applications
• The easiest way to download an app is to go to any of the above mentioned websites, find app that you want to install, press download. The .apk file will be downloaded automatically onto the tablet. Press install after download is complete. Done!
• You can also do it from your computer. Go to the website, download the .apk file and put it on the microSD card. Insert the card into the tablet and install the app drom there. Simple as that!